Who I am
I grew up in Cape Town, and spent 20 years in the USA until I returned home in 2012.
For many years, I worked in various corporate positions such as office manager, administrator, and bookkeeper. Often I would organize my physical environment and procedures in such a way that things became more efficient, more spacious and less time-consuming. At times, I streamlined my way out of a full-time position into one that could be accomplished in a few hours a week – a consequence that did not always work to my benefit.
In 2000, I began working for a client whose home office was gradually transformed into a more efficient and beautiful space. I began receiving recommendations and referrals. It dawned on me that I was being a Professional Organizer, and that my skills could be used to help others.
As I have gained experience, I am able to call upon a greater array of skills to assist my clients. I am particularly experienced in large, challenging, even “impossible” projects. I have large reserves of patience, stamina and endurance – and most importantly, a sense of humor!
My specialities are:
- Clearing and decluttering
- Finding creative and sometimes unexpected solutions to challenging spaces
- Designing a space that is organized and easy to maintain, yet fits with your aesthetic
- Creating filing systems out of piles of paper
- Offering support, empathy and encouragement
- Reorganizing cupboards and work spaces
- Researching storage solutions and furniture
- Assisting in the choice of furniture and storage accessories
Call today and find out how I can help you.